What is the Holy Rosary?
The rosary is a meditation on the life of Jesus Christ. The rosary is the greatest weapon against evil. During the Apparition at Fatima in 1917, our Lady requested that we pray the Rosary daily. The rosary will change your life.
The word Rosary means “Crown of Roses.” Our Lady “has revealed to several people that each time they say a Hail Mary they are giving her a beautiful rose and that each complete Rosary makes her a crown of roses.… The rose is the queen of flowers, and so the Rosary is the rose of all devotions and it is therefore the most important one.” (The Secret Of The Rosary, St. Louis De Montfort, Seventh Rose, p. 26). To learn more about the rosary, read the book: “The Secrets of the Rosary” by St. Louis de Montfort available at Tan Books and many catholic stores.
“There is no problem, I tell you, no matter how difficult it is, that we cannot solve by the prayer of the Holy Rosary.”
Sister Lucia (One of the Seers of Fatima, 1917).
“The Holy Rosary is a gift come down from heaven; a great present that God gives to His most faithful servants. God is the Author of the prayers of which it is composed and
of the mysteries it contains.”
St. Louis de Montfort
“There is no surer means of calling down God’s blessings upon the family … than the daily recitation of the rosary.”
Pope Pius XII
“Among all the devotions approved by the Church, none has been favored by so many miracles as the devotion of the Most Holy Rosary.”
Pope Pius IX
“The Rosary is the weapon.”
Blessed Padre Pio
“The prayers of the Rosary(15 decades)and “The Beads”(5 decades)are, after the Sacred Liturgy of the Eucharist what unites us the most to God through the richness of the prayers which compose it, all coming from Heaven, dictated by the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.”
~ Sister Lucia (Visionary of Fatima) to Mother Maria Jose Martins
“Pray the Rosary everyday, in order to obtain peace for the world ….”
Our Lady of Fatima (1917)
“Even the Pope does not fail to recite the Rosary everyday before he goes to sleep. Through the Rosary the faithful receive abundant grace, as though from the very hands of the Mother of the Redeemer.”~ Pope John Paul II
“Dear brothers and sisters, recite the rosary every day. I earnestly urge pastors to pray the rosary and to teach people in their Christian communities how to pray it.”
Pope John Paul II
101 Inspirational Stories of the Rosary by Sister Patricia Proctor, OSC (ISBN: 0972844708) is a collection of true stories of graces experienced by everyday people with the power of the holy rosary. You will read this book over and over again and if you have never said the rosary before, you will definitely start doing so. For those who pray the rosary, it will inspire you to pray more devoutly. It will also bring great joy into your life. It sells at Amazon.com for about ten dollars ($10.00). You might be able to buy it cheaper at one of the Catholic stores (will include link to some of the Catholic stores later).
Who Should Pray the Rosary?
Everyone should say the rosary. The rosary is a gift from GOD to all humanity. Catholics, protestants, non-Christian, atheist, young, old, all people should say the rosary.
Why Pray the Rosary?
If we say the rosary while meditating on the mysteries, we will not only bring about world peace but peace in our lives and in our families.
The Extraordinary Benefits of the Rosary:Seven Great Blessings
In The Secret of the Rosary (p.65), St. Louis De Montfort states: “The Rosary recited with meditation on the mysteries brings about the following marvelous results:
1. It gradually gives us perfect knowledge of Jesus Christ
2. it purifies our souls, washing away sin;
3. it gives us victory over all our enemies;
4. it makes it easy for us to practice virtue;
5. it sets us on fire with love of Our Blessed Lord;
6. it enriches us with graces and merits;
7. it supplies us with what is needed to pay all our debts to God and to our fellow men, and finally, it obtains all kinds of graces for us from Almighty God.”
“When you say your Rosary the Angels rejoice, the Blessed Trinity delights in it, my Son finds joy in it too, and I myself am happier than you can possibly imagine ….”
~Our Lady to Blessed Alan de la Roche
The Fifteen Promises to Christians who pray the Rosary
(Given to Blessed St. Dominic and Blessed Alan de la Roche)
1. Whoever shall faithfully serve me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall receive signal graces.
2. I promise my special protection and the greatest graces to all those who shall recite the Rosary.
3. The Rosary shall be a powerful armor against hell; it will destroy vice, decrease sin and defeat heresies.
4. It will cause virtue and good works to flourish; it will obtain for souls the abundant mercy of God; it will withdraw the hearts of men from the love of the world and its vanities, and will lift them to the desire of eternal things. O that souls would sanctify themselves by this means.
5. The soul which recommends itself to me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall not perish.
6. Whoever shall recite the Rosary devoutly, applying himself to the consideration of its sacred Mysteries, shall never be conquered by misfortune. God will not chastise him in His justice, he shall not perish by an unprovided death; if he be just, he shall remain in the grace of God, and become worthy of eternal life.
7. Whoever shall have a true devotion for the Rosary shall not die without the Sacraments of the Church.
8. Those who are faithful to the recitation of the Rosary shall have, during their life and at their death, the light of God and the plenitude of His graces; at the moment of death they shall participate in the merits of the Saints in Paradise.
9. I shall deliver from Purgatory those who have been devoted to the Rosary.
10. The faithful children of the Rosary shall merit a high degree of glory in Heaven.
11. You shall obtain all you ask of me by the recitation of the Rosary.
12. All those who propagate the Holy Rosary shall be aided by me in their necessities.
13. I have obtained from my Divine Son that all the advocates of the Rosary shall have for intercessors the entire celestial court during their life and at the hour of death.
14. All who recite the Rosary are my sons, and brothers of my only Son, Jesus Christ.
15. Devotion of my Rosary is a great sign of predestination.